To improve SMS delivery in some countries, we published an update to improve SMS delivery. Please go to our official website to download the latest version https://xwallet.pundix.com/
When you request the SMS code, wait for the 60s passes and then you can see a notice "You can also verify via voice call", please answer it and get the code.
Please note that the new SMS service has been applied to
1. "New account registration with phone number"
2. "Thansfer / withdrawal"
3. "Forgot login password"
4. "Enable Google Authenticator"
for existing members which have already added their phone numbers at the time being.
After we confirm the SMS service is stable, we will expand it to more features.
Indian users SMS suggestions
If you are from India, please see the following instructions:
We have found two possible reasons why SMS/verification code failed in reaching your phones. And a few Indian users did receive SMS after trying the methods : )
- SMS cannot be sent to any phone number in India’s Do Not Call Registry
Please see if your number is registered on the National Do Not Call Registry(http://www.nccptrai.gov.in/nccpregistry/search.misc).
To start receiving SMS messages from Twilio, you can update the DNC settings by following the instructions on this website(http://www.nccptrai.gov.in/nccpregistry/).
- SMS are only delivered between the hours of 9 A.M. and 9 P.M. local Indian time
If delivery delays keep happening in sending to Indian numbers, make sure the SMS are requested during the operational hours of 9 A.M. to 9 P.M., as overnight messages are likely to be cached until the next day.
Some users just tried the following instructions and after several days they can receive SMS code now : ) Please keep trying between 9:00 am to 9:00 pm.
Some users in Nigeria, Russia, India and Belarus may have trouble getting SMS codes from XWallet. This is due to local carriers' SMS latency or blocking mechanism. If you are having the same problem, please:
- Check if your SMS inbox is full; try deleting some messages from your inbox and then request another code.
- Ensure the phone is well-connected to the cellular network.
- Check with your carrier to see if SMS is supported.
- Turn off Anti-virus software and/or firewall function on your cellphone;
- Restart your phone.
If you still cannot receive SMS codes, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your phone number, mobile service carrier, mobile model, IOS/Android version, and your location.
we will check it as soon as possible.