1. What is a phishing attack?
Phishing is a type of social engineering attack, is the fraudulent attempt to obtain sensitive information such as username, password etc by disguising as Pundi X in an electronic communication. Users are often be deceived by trusted parties such as:
- Email spoofing；
- Fake Pundi X site；
- instant message with malicious link；
- social websites with manipulated Pundi X link;
- Chat with impersonated Pundi X support；
- Fake Pundi X hotline or support in search engine etc.
- Social Media Fake Account
- Malware downloaded from internet
- Free WIFI Phishing
2. Phishing attack protection
It is known that the most important and weakest aspect in a security system is people .Hence, For users, vigilance is key:
- A spoofed message often contains subtle mistakes such as spelling mistake, strange syntax, unsmooth words, misspelled domain name.
- In addition, attackers will usually try push users into action by creating a sense of ungency. For example, an email could threaten account expiration and shall be verified within a timeline; A message instructed users to move asset a secure wallet to avoid loss as soon as possible.
- Beware of spam/phishing emails, links and websites. Pundi X will not ask you to send coins to addresses/exchanges that are not announced via official news channels.